Chamberchoir «Vernalis»of Saint-Petersburg music school of Rimsky-Korsakov is directed and conducted by Olga Zinovieva.
The music school of Rimsky-Korsakov in Saint-Petersburg (Russia) is actually the only one where not only children but the adults as well are taught (https://rimkor.edu.ru/).
In September of 2007 the Chamber choir was composed of the participants of the school academic choirs and started existing as a facultative course.
In April of 2008 the Chamber Choir debuted at the IVth competition of student choirs «Spring at St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical Institute (LETI)» and become the winner in a nomination «For the best performance of a work by contemporary Saint-Petersburg composer».
In spring of 2008 the Chamber Choir has got the name «Vernalis» (lat. – «spring») that is a symbol of youth, light and positive attitude to life.
Now in the Chamber Choir “Vernalis” both the graduates and the students of the school sing. For today it’s one of the concert choirs of the music school of Rimsky-Korsakov.
In the repertoire of «Vernalis» there are the following kinds of music:
- Russian sacred music
- Songs of the peoples of the world (including arrangements of folk songs)
- Music of the Renaissance
- Music of contemporary composers
- Russian and European classics.
The main achievements
- Grand Prix of International Chorus competition «Hungarian Spring» – 2012 (City of Gödöllö, Hungary)
- Diploma in nomination «Choral arts» of the International choral festival «Chorus inside – 2012» (City of Moscow, Russia)
- Diploma of silver level of Ekaterinburg International Choir Assemblies «Eurasia Cantat» – 2011 (City of Ekaterinburg, Russia)
- Diploma of silver level and Conductor’s Prize of the V International Mozart Choir Competition – 2010 (City of Prague, Czech Republic)
- Diploma of silver level oftheIII International Chorus Festival and Competition – 2009 (City of Bratislava, Slovakia)
- Diploma for the best performance of Petersburg composer’s piece – of the IV Chorus Competition among amateur student choirs «Spring at St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical Institute (LETI)» – 2008